Position: PARKING LOT SUPERVISORS (F/T)
Reports To: Parking Operations Manager
To supervise, coordinate, and assign work relating to parking facility operations, including the collection and depositing of parking revenues.
Positions assigned to the class of Parking Lot Supervisor are responsible for the operation of one or more off-street parking facilities (car parks) for all operational hours. Positions in this class are distinguished from those in the Senior Parking Lot Attendant class by the broader range of supervisory responsibilities over parking lot personnel and facilities.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General supervision is provided by the Assistant Parking Operations Manager assigned to off-street parking operations. Responsibilities include the direct and indirect supervision of Senior Parking Lot Attendants and Parking Lot Attendants.
Customers, property owners/clients, employees, CPS management
Individual will remain in proper position as directed by the Parking Operations Manager. Individual will be attentive to all customers and coworkers. Individual will perform in a professional manner at all times. Individual will observe all safety rules and regulations.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: VALID Driver License
Possession of a valid Driver License at the time of appointment. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Completion of a minimum of 2 years of working experience in similar working environment and must be a Bachelor degree holder or equivalent.
- Ability to do basic arithmetic with knowledge of practical bookkeeping and basic accounting functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to provide legible communications.
- Principles and techniques of personnel supervision.
- Must be able to obtain an acceptable Criminal History Report/Drug Test Result.
- Ability to communicate in other languages.
- University degree.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to smile, acknowledges, greet and extend a warm welcome to each and every customer.
- Ability to enhance the well being of each customer to ensure a positive memorable parking experience.
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service and demands the same from all parking lot attendants or parking cashiers.
- Ability to maintain high standard of cleanliness of work area, personal appearance, organization, etc. and demand the same from associates.
- Previous customer relations training.
- Parking lot operations, including revenue collection and parking ticket procedures.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Walk the location to observe the physical condition and appearance of the location, the volume of business and the performance of the attendants/cashiers.
- Monitor the performance of all employees and provide feedback as appropriate.
- Instruct, train, supervise, and evaluate subordinate personnel and also on company procedures and policies.
- Implement and enforce customer service standards
- Aid in the completion of employee reviews.
- Assist in the auditing of cashier reports and daily summaries.
- Learn Accounting procedures.
- Provide information to and respond to inquiries from the public.
- Inspect parking lots and insure the proper correction of problems relating to their physical conditions
- Assist the Operations Manager in reviewing the parking lot operations and oversee the efficient utilization of staff and equipment.
- Responsible for management of parking facility in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding parking lot operations and revenues in absence of Operations Manager.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks and duties as assigned by management.
Physical requirements are:
- Ability to sit or stand for longer periods of time (up to 10 or 12 hours, less break)
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures
- Ability to use hands and arms in repeated motions (making change, punching clock, etc.)
- Ability to repeatedly and aggressively flag cars into specific parking spaces.
A review of this job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor including the corporate office.
This document does not create any employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.