Position: PARKING CASHIERS (F/T & P/T)
Reports To: Parking Supervisor and/or Parking Operations Manager
The Parking Cashier is responsible for cash and credit card transactions associated with daily and monthly parking customers, including collecting payment and providing correct change to customers. The Parking Cashier matches customer’s ticket to parking rate schedule and accurately accounts for all daily transactions. Provides excellent customer service and assists customers promptly and in a friendly manner.
Customers, property owners/clients, employees, CPS management
Individual will remain in proper position as directed by the supervisor or Parking Operations Manager. Individual will be attentive to all customers and coworkers. Individual will perform in a professional manner at all times. Individual will observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to maintain composure and to exercise sound judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good relations with fans, guests and patrons.
- Ability to provide legible communications.
- Flexible schedule – ability to nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must be able to obtain an acceptable Criminal History Report/Drug Test Result.
- High school graduate or equivalent with 2 years working experience.
- Ability to communicate in another language.
- Ability to smile, acknowledges, greet and extend a warm welcome to each and every customer.
- Ability to enhance the well being of each customer to ensure a positive memorable parking experience.
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service and demands the same from all working associates.
- Ability to maintain high standard of cleanliness of work area, personal appearance, organization, etc. and demand the same from associates.
Desirable: Previous customer service and cash handling is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet each patron entering through or approaching parking booth for payment.
- Must attend all continued training seminars and classes when called upon.
- Collect revenues and issue parking tokens or receipts as vehicles leaves the parking area.
- Record and verify names of guests with authorized event parking list.
- Responsible for counting/balancing cash bank at end of every shift.
- Provide courteous and professional level of customer service and assist patrons with relevant answers to their questions.
- Must attend all meetings required by car park property owners and CPS corporate office.
- Must adhere to company posting procedures.
- Must follow all policies as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Must perform at a high level in aggressive hospitality at all times.
- Must introduce upset customer to manager or supervisor in a professional manner.
- Must report all incidents and accidents no matter how minor to a manager or supervisor.
- Must report all personal injuries suffered while working to a manager or supervisor.
Physical requirements are:
- Ability to sit or stand for longer periods of time (up to 10 or 12 hours, less break)
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures
- Ability to use hands and arms in repeated motions (making change, punching computer keypad, etc.)
A review of this job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor including the corporate office.
This document does not create any employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.